https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/logo.png 0 0 Sara MacIsaac https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/logo.png Sara MacIsaac2020-09-22 11:05:142020-10-03 20:02:02Frozen Wild Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
Frozen Wild Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
These easy to make, super creamy wild blueberry treats will keep your family coming back for more!
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pkg plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sour cream
- In small saucepan, mix together blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool completely. Remove lemon zest.
- CrustMeanwhile, in bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until well combined. Spread evenly in bottom of parchment paper-lined 9-inch square pan. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- FillingIn medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat cream cheese with condensed milk until smooth. Mix in sour cream and vanilla; spread over crust.Using large spoon, drop mounds of blueberry purée on top of filling. Draw tip of knife through filling to create marbled effect. Cover and freeze until firm, about 6 hours. To serve, move to fridge for 30 minutes. (Make-ahead: Can be wrapped and frozen for up to 2 days.)