https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Untitled-design-6.png 788 940 Sara MacIsaac https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/logo.png Sara MacIsaac2021-02-16 18:53:112021-02-16 18:53:11Sweet Potato Salmon with Wild Blueberry & Basil Compote
Sweet Potato Salmon with Wild Blueberry & Basil Compote
A sweet and aromatic dinner that uses salmon, wild blueberries and sweet potato. A quick dish that tastes like you've been working on it for hours!
- 2 salmon fillets 6-8 oz
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Wild Blueberry & Basil Compote
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups wild blueberries
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 green onion diced
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the salmon fillets on a parchment-lined baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and squeeze the lemon.
- Mash the sweet potatoes, add the maple syrup and butter, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide sweet potatoes between the two salmon fillets.
- Divide pumpkin seeds between the two servings, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with the wild blueberry and basil compote to serve.
Wild Blueberry and Basil Compote
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, and add the blueberries. Using the back of a spoon, crush some of the berries so they release their juice.
- Add shallots and green onions, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add Dijon mustard and white wine, stir to combine.
- Allow compote to reduce by a quarter, and then stir in the basil.
- Finish with salt, pepper and butter.