https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Untitled-design-8.png 788 940 Sara MacIsaac https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/logo.png Sara MacIsaac2021-05-04 20:35:502021-05-04 20:35:50Wild Blueberry Beet Salad
Wild Blueberry Beet Salad
A delicious side dish that is earthy and improves with time!
- 1½ lbs red beets
- 1½ lbs wild blueberries frozen
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 orange segmented
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Scrub beets. In a medium pot, add water to cover the beets and cook for approximately 1 hour. To check for doneness, insert a knife into a beet and check to see if it comes out easily.
- Cool the beets. Slip off the skins.
- Cut into ¼ inch cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Combine beets with sugar, white wine vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, freshly grated ginger, zest of one good sized orange, the orange segments, chives and wild blueberries.
- Toss delicately and set for at least an hour.
- Top with grated orange peel and sea salt.
This salad recipe can last for up to 1 week if refrigerated. It also improves the flavour the longer it sits!