https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/wildblueberrypancettapizza.png 788 940 Sara MacIsaac https://canadianwildblueberries.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/logo.png Sara MacIsaac2021-08-18 22:36:252021-08-18 22:36:25Savoury Wild Blueberry and Pancetta Flatbread Pizza
Savoury Wild Blueberry & Pancetta Flatbread Pizza
Looking for a vibrant and delicious dish that won't take hours in the kitchen? This savoury wild blueberry and pancetta flatbread pizza checks all the boxes! Creating an upscale dish that will appeal to nearly everyone's taste buds in only 30 minutes while using fresh and locally sourced ingredients? You've come to the right place!
- 4 flatbread of your choice ie. naan
- ½ cup diced pancetta
- 24 basil leaves
- ½ cup Van Dyks wild blueberry Juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries divided
- 4 oz feta
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place the diced pancetta into a saute pan, along with half of the basil leaves. Fry until the pancetta is crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta and basil. Reserve the basil-infused drippings from the pan.
- Prepare the reduction by combining the balsamic vinegar, the wild blueberry juice, the maple syrup and ½ cup of wild blueberries. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the syrup coats the back of a spoon.
- Brush the flatbread with the basil-infused oil, top with the pancetta, and the remaining half cup of wild blueberries, green onions and crumbled feta. Chiffonade the remaining basil and add to the top as well.
- Place in a 450°F oven until the flatbread begins to crisp and the cheese is warm. Remove from the oven, drizzle with the reduction, and garnish with the reserved crisp basil leaves.